Jenny and Rebecca own and operate Kale+Coco, a cafe and catering company based in Stoenybatter. These two entrepreneurial young women returned home to Ireland after several stints abroad with a healthy fire in their bellies. Their mission? To start a conversation around healthy eating and “...to provide fast, on-the-go, healthy food options for the busy people of Ireland..”
Check out their recipe for protein-packed Paprika-Roasted Chickpeas (plus there are some flavour variations included at the end of the recipe if you’re feeling adventurous)!
Kale+Coco Paprika-Roasted Chickpeas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 x Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp Salt (Himalayan Pink Salt gives the best flavour - you can find it at most speciality food stores!)
- Preheat oven to 200° Celsius.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then put in mixing bowl and dry thoroughly with paper towels/clean tea towel. The drier they are, the crispier they will turn out so this step is really important!
- Add olive oil and mix well. Spread onto a baking tray lined with baking paper; roast for 20 minutes. Set the bowl aside, unwashed - you’ll need this again in the next step!
- After 20 minutes, remove from the oven and put the roasted chickpeas back in the bowl. Add your seasoning and mix well, then put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before moving to an airtight container.
Roasted chickpeas will stay fresh + crispy for 2-3 days!
Alternative seasoning suggestions:
- Chilli & Lime (1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1 tbsp lime juice, ½ tsp salt)
- Turmeric, Garlic & Black Pepper (1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp black pepper)
- Sweet (1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp of raw cane sugar)
We would LOVE to see your finished products and also you are MORE than welcome to drop some off to HQ. Just sayin’.