LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENTS
The vast majority of our carbon footprint, not surprisingly, comes from our apparel. We took a two-tiered approach to get a full picture of the life cycle of our clothing:
- A level assessment of our entire apparel footprint
- A detailed assessment of our three core hoodie products
Each product assessment uses the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Product Life Cycle Accounting and Reporting Standard to calculate any emissions and follows a 5-stage, cradle-to-grave LCA journey evaluating + defining material acquisition, production, product distribution, storage, use and end-of-life. Secondary research into life cycle assessment of the industry, Ecoinvent database + UK government carbon conversion factors are used to get a full picture.
Mandatory reporting within the SECR only covers Scope 1 + 2 emissions, with limited Scope 3 emissions required to be included.
We want to look at the whole picture though so we’ve collected, included + reported on everything we feel we have responsibility towards, including:
- Direct emissions from our own sources, or any sources directly under our control;
- Indirect emissions from the generation of purchased energy;
- Other indirect emissions from across our value chain including upstream & downstream emissions.